High Quality Casting Iron SPC 3/6/10 V-Belt Groove Pulley for Electric Motors
V belt pulley specification:
1) European standards :
a) V-belt pulley for taper bushing: SPZ, SPA, SPB, SPC; up to 10 grooves
b) Adjustable speed V-belt pulleys and variable speed pulley
c) Flat belt pulleys and conveyor belt pulleys
2) American standards:
a) Sheaves for taper bushing: 3V, 5V, 8V
b) Sheaves for QD bushings: 3V, 5V, 8V
c) Sheaves for split taper bushing: 3V, 5V, 8V
d) Sheaves for 3L, 4L or A, and 5L or B belts: AK, AKH, 2AK, 2AKH, BK, BKH,2BK, 2BKH, 3BK
e) Adjustable sheave: poly V-pulley, multi-pitch H, L, J, K and M
3) Bore: pilot bore, finish bore, taper bore, bore for QD bushing
Cast ductile iron: QT400-18, QT450-12, QT500-7, QT600-3, QT700-2
Grey iron: HT150, HT200, HT250, HT300
Other Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Bronze, Brass and Aluminum;
Sand casting, Investment casting, permanent mould casting and die casting;
Mining machinery, Crane;
4. OEM design/service:
Our company can supply various pulleys (OEM) according to the customers’ drawings and requirements. Please offer us your enquiry
with detailed drawings, specifications, unit weight, quality requirements and pictures. We will supply you not only the products
with good quality but also competitive price.
With our powerful precision CNC machining equipments such as lathes, milling machines and drilling press, we can easily operate Turning, Drilling and Milling. Furthermore, we are able to run other operations like cutting, grinding, bending, shaping, plHangZhou and sawing.
Mainly used in the mining, metallurgical, cement, chemicals,construction, buiding materials,
electric power, telecommunictions, textiles, and transportation departments.
1. conveyor:Belt conveyor,AFC conveyor, chain conveyor, screw conveyor.
2. Pum:Water pump, oil pump, slush pump, etc.
3. Fan: Draft fan, fanner, boil fan, etc.
4. Excator:bucket excavator bucket, wheel excavators .
5. Crane:Tower crane, gantry crande, bridge crane.
6. Others:Various elevators, coal plough, ball mill, crusher, recreation machine.
7. Blender equipment, centrifuger, washer, leather-making machine, machine for recreation park mixer wire drawing machine.Extruder, dregs crusher of boiler.
8. Plastic feeder, rubber smelling machine, etc.
General Products Application/Service Area
Metal Parts Solution for Vehicle, Agriculture machine, Construction Machine, transportation equipment, Valve and Pump system. E.g.
iron or stainless steel or aluminum etc., or as customer request.
Casting Blank Weight
Range from 0.01kg-1000kg
Applicable Machining Process
CNC Machining/ Lathing/ Milling/ Turning/ Boring/ Drilling/ Tapping/ Broaching/ Reaming /Grinding/Honing and etc.
Machined Surface Quality
Ra 0.8-Ra3.2, according to customer requirement
Applicable Heat Treatment
Normalization , annealing, quenching and tempering, Case Hardening, Nitriding, Carbon Nitriding, Induction Quenching.
Applicable Finish Surface Treatment
Shot/sand blast, polishing, Surface passivation, Primer Painting , Powder coating, ED- Coating, Chromate Plating, zinc-plate,
MOQ per batch
For Pulley: 1pc available for sample test
about 50 days of Pulley
1. Q: Why choose CHINAMFG product?
A: We CHINAMFG have our own plant– HangZhou CHINAMFG machinery Co.,Ltd, therefore,
we can surely promise the quality of every product and provide you comparable price.
2. Q: Do you provide OEM Service?
A: Yes, we provide OEM Service.
3. Q: Do you provide customized investment casting parts?
A: Yes. Customers give us drawings and specifications, and we will manufacture
4. Q: What is your payment term?
A: We provide kinds of payment terms such as L/C, T/T, Paypal, Escrow, etc..
If there’s anything I can help, please feel free to contact with me.
|CE, ISO, ISO9001:2015
|Chemical Industry, Grain Transport, Power Plant
What is the role of belt pulleys in the automotive industry?
Belt pulleys play a vital role in the automotive industry, contributing to various systems and components within vehicles. They are essential for transmitting power, driving auxiliary systems, and ensuring the smooth operation of critical functions. Here’s a detailed explanation of the role of belt pulleys in the automotive industry:
1. Engine Power Transmission: Belt pulleys are integral to the power transmission system of an automotive engine. They are commonly used in serpentine belt systems, where a single belt is routed around multiple pulleys to drive various engine accessories. The crankshaft pulley connects to the engine’s crankshaft and is responsible for transmitting power to components such as the alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and air conditioning compressor. The rotation of the crankshaft pulley drives the serpentine belt, which, in turn, drives these auxiliary systems.
2. Timing Belt System: Belt pulleys are essential components in the timing belt system of an engine. The timing belt connects the engine’s crankshaft to the camshaft(s), synchronizing their rotation and ensuring precise valve timing. The crankshaft pulley, also known as the harmonic balancer, is connected to the crankshaft and drives the timing belt. The camshaft pulleys, often referred to as timing pulleys, are responsible for driving the camshafts and controlling the opening and closing of the engine’s valves. Proper timing belt operation is crucial for the engine’s performance, efficiency, and overall reliability.
3. Supercharger and Turbocharger Systems: In high-performance and forced induction engines, belt pulleys are utilized in supercharger and turbocharger systems. These systems compress the intake air to increase engine power output. Belt-driven superchargers and turbochargers use pulleys to drive the compressor, which forces more air into the engine’s combustion chambers. The pulleys in these systems are designed to withstand high speeds and loads, ensuring efficient and reliable operation of the forced induction system.
4. Cooling System: Belt pulleys contribute to the cooling system of automotive engines. The water pump pulley is connected to the water pump, which circulates coolant throughout the engine to dissipate heat. The rotation of the water pump pulley, driven by the crankshaft pulley, creates the necessary flow of coolant to regulate engine temperature. Proper cooling system operation is vital for preventing overheating and maintaining the engine’s optimal operating conditions.
5. Power Steering System: Belt pulleys are used in power steering systems to assist with steering effort. The power steering pump pulley is connected to the power steering pump, which pressurizes hydraulic fluid to aid in turning the wheels. As the crankshaft pulley drives the serpentine belt, power is transmitted to the power steering pump pulley, enabling power-assisted steering. Belt-driven power steering systems provide easier and more responsive steering control for drivers.
6. Air Conditioning System: Belt pulleys play a role in the automotive air conditioning system. The air conditioning compressor pulley is driven by the serpentine belt and is responsible for compressing and circulating refrigerant within the system. The rotation of the compressor pulley enables the air conditioning system to cool and dehumidify the vehicle’s interior, providing comfort to occupants. Belt-driven air conditioning systems are commonly found in most passenger vehicles.
7. Other Auxiliary Systems: Belt pulleys are also used in other auxiliary systems in vehicles, such as the alternator, which generates electrical power to charge the battery and power electrical components. Additionally, they are employed in systems like the vacuum pump for brake assist, power take-off (PTO) units in commercial vehicles, and various belt-driven pumps for systems like the fuel injection system and hydraulic systems.
In summary, belt pulleys play a crucial role in the automotive industry, contributing to power transmission, auxiliary systems, and critical functions within vehicles. Whether it’s transmitting power in the engine, driving timing belts or auxiliary systems, or assisting with cooling, steering, or air conditioning, belt pulleys ensure the efficient and reliable operation of automotive systems and components.
What types of belts are commonly used with belt pulleys?
Several types of belts are commonly used in conjunction with belt pulleys for power transmission in various applications. The choice of belt depends on factors such as the specific requirements of the machinery, the desired power transmission characteristics, environmental conditions, and the type of pulley system being used. Here are some of the most commonly used types of belts:
1. V-Belts: V-belts, also known as Vee belts, are one of the most widely used types of belts with belt pulleys. They have a trapezoidal cross-section and typically feature a fabric cover and a rubber-like compound. V-belts are known for their high grip and power transmission capabilities, making them suitable for applications with moderate to high loads and speeds. They are commonly used in industries such as automotive, industrial machinery, and HVAC systems.
2. Timing Belts: Timing belts, also called synchronous belts, have toothed profiles on the inner side that engage with corresponding teeth on the pulley. This toothed design provides precise power transmission and prevents slippage. Timing belts are commonly used in applications that require precise synchronization of shafts and accurate positioning, such as in robotics, printing machinery, and automotive engines.
3. Flat Belts: Flat belts have a rectangular cross-section and are typically made of materials such as rubber, fabric, or synthetic compounds. They are flexible and can be easily customized to various lengths. Flat belts are commonly used in applications where high speeds and low power transmission requirements are present, such as in conveyor systems, textile machinery, and packaging equipment.
4. Round Belts: Round belts, also known as round O-ring belts, are circular belts made of materials such as rubber or urethane. They are flexible and can be easily joined to form endless loops. Round belts are commonly used in applications that require a lightweight and flexible power transmission solution, such as in small appliances, office equipment, and material handling systems.
5. Ribbed Belts: Ribbed belts, also called multi-rib belts or serpentine belts, have a ribbed or grooved design on the inner side. These ribs engage with corresponding grooves on the pulley, providing increased contact area and improved power transmission efficiency. Ribbed belts are commonly used in automotive engines, where they drive multiple accessories such as alternators, power steering pumps, and air conditioning compressors.
6. Variable Speed Belts: Variable speed belts, also known as adjustable speed belts or link belts, are made of individual links or segments that can be easily connected or disconnected to adjust the belt length. This allows for stepless speed variation and flexibility in power transmission. Variable speed belts are commonly used in applications where speed adjustment is required, such as in milling machines, woodworking equipment, and industrial conveyors.
These are just a few examples of the types of belts commonly used with belt pulleys. Each type of belt has its own unique characteristics and is suitable for specific applications based on factors such as load capacity, speed requirements, precision, and environmental conditions. The selection of the appropriate belt is crucial to ensure efficient and reliable power transmission in the machinery and equipment utilizing belt pulleys.
How does a belt pulley function in power transmission?
A belt pulley plays a crucial role in power transmission by enabling the transfer of rotational motion and torque between rotating shafts. It functions as a mechanical device that connects the driving shaft to the driven shaft through a belt or a rope. The rotational motion of the driving shaft is transmitted to the driven shaft via the belt pulley, allowing power to be transferred from one shaft to another. Here’s a detailed explanation:
A belt pulley functions in power transmission through the following process:
- The driving shaft, which is typically connected to a motor or an engine, rotates and generates rotational motion and torque.
- The belt pulley is mounted on the driving shaft, and its grooved rim is designed to engage with a belt or a rope.
- A belt or a rope is wrapped around the groove of the belt pulley, creating a secure connection between the pulley and the belt.
- As the driving shaft rotates, the belt or rope, in contact with the grooved rim of the pulley, starts to move.
- The movement of the belt or rope causes the belt pulley to rotate.
- Since the belt pulley is connected to the driven shaft, which is the output shaft of the system, the rotational motion of the pulley is transferred to the driven shaft.
- Consequently, the driven shaft starts to rotate at the same speed and direction as the driving shaft.
- The rotational motion and torque generated by the driving shaft are effectively transmitted to the driven shaft through the belt pulley and the belt or rope.
It’s important to note that the design and configuration of the belt pulley, along with the belt or rope, are essential for efficient power transmission. The groove profile of the pulley should match the belt or rope profile to ensure proper engagement and prevent slippage. The tension in the belt or rope should be appropriately adjusted to maintain a secure connection between the pulley and the belt. Additionally, the size and ratio of the pulleys connected by the belt can be adjusted to control the speed and torque output, providing flexibility in power transmission.
In summary, a belt pulley functions in power transmission by connecting the driving shaft to the driven shaft through a belt or a rope. It transfers the rotational motion and torque generated by the driving shaft to the driven shaft, allowing power to be transmitted between the two shafts. The design, configuration, and tensioning of the belt and the pulley are crucial for efficient and reliable power transmission in mechanical systems.
editor by CX